Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First-time Traveler


Well, this little girl got about 5 gold stars for being such an AMAZING baby on her first overnight travel adventure. This past weekend the 3 of us traveled up to Johnson City, TN to attend one of Laurin's college buddies/teammate's wedding. The weekend was so great. Lila Grace was a perfect angel...we couldn’t believe it! She slept the whole way there. We arrived at about 3:45 and I fed her then I took a shower and got ready and then we went to the wedding. She didn’t make a peep throughout the service...she was playing with her pony and the fan/program the whole time. Then she hung out with us for the cocktail hour and then I found a quiet porch in the front of the place to feed her. She ate her whole bottle and then fell fast asleep in her carseat in the reception for about 2 hours...blaring music and all. Then towards the end of the reception she woke up and we danced with her and she was so happy! Then we got back to the hotel around 11:45, I fed her and she slept all night and let us sleep in until 7:30am. Then I fed her and she let us nap for another 2 hours. Then we went to breakfast with everyone and she was still perfect. She slept the whole way home! She was a little out of sorts last night but rightfully so...but she still slept 10 hours last night! What a trooper...we are such proud parents! I think she thought the whole thing was just a fun adventure! Below is a video of Lila Grace dancing with her daddy and a few pictures from the wonderful evening.





No comments: