Monday, August 10, 2009

Girlie Things and a Funny Ear


FIrst of all, I'm amazed at myself that I haven't gotten Lila Grace any bows yet! Her hair has been quite long enough for a while now! But I did want to find some tiny, dainty, non-tacky ones! And finally, at Target no less, I found some! So here's a precious, girlie picture of my precious girl.

In addition, you all may have noticed in more recent pictures that Lila Grace has a funny ear. Well, what's causing it is a birthmark called a Hemangioma. It is basically a cluster of blood vessels that painlessly grows within the first year of life. Lila Grace's started to appear around 1 month. Usually the most rapid growth phase is in the first 6 months of life and the growth usually peaks at 1 year. They will eventually go away, usually within a couple years. Apparently, cosmetically they will look better left to absolve themselves. Fortunately for Lila Grace, hers is in a relatively non-obtrusive location. The doctor said that it will resolve itself eventually and probably the only residual issue may be some extra skin behind that ear. It is a very easy spot to do a quick plastic surgery fix if need be. At our 6 month appointment in a month our doctor will probably refer us to a dermatologist to make sure nothing needs to be done.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me. It's cute...my little monkey!

No comments: